How to use the website called Virtual Writing Tutor
How to use the Virtual Writing Tutor - Police Technology - Screencast
Introduction
Hi everybody! My name is Samuel and, today, I will show you how to use the Virtual Writing Tutor. I have been studying in the Police Technology program for 1 year at Ahuntsic College. The Police Technology is a program where there are a lot of courses related to the application of the laws in the society. I'm doing the program because I want to become a criminal investigator after doing a certain number of years as a police officer. To accomplish my goal, I will need to learn several words in the laws that are more complicated than the words we are used to hearing.
The Problem
That could be a challenge because my coworkers and the subjects I'm going to be working with will need to understand what I'm saying when I send them an email. Also, I will have to present some proofs to the court related to what I sent to the people. So, that's why I need to use and write the words correctly.
The Quest
Okay! So, now, let’s open the website by adding a new tab using the little icon at the top of the screen. In the address bar, in the middle of the top of the screen, you will need to write the name of the website which is VirtualWritingTutor.com. In the top right corner, you can see some applications if you would like to share the website on any social media. In the top left corner, you can see the logo of the website. Under the logo, there’s the navigation menu where you can select the option you’re looking for. For example, there’s the writing tools in which you can choose to create a glossary or something else. Just under the navigation menu, you can see the instructions that tell you how to use the website. The tools can be useful if you want to check-up your text. In the middle of the screen, there’s the text area where you write your text. You can see a sample personal narrative by clicking on example #1. There also are the spelling checker, the microphone and the two options to download your text in the bottom of the text area. The microphone can be useful if you want to hear how to pronounce a word.
The Solution
For my field of study, I think the most important tool is the grammar checker. You can write a sentence you want to check-up before sending it to someone with your email. For example, the subject has committed the crime related to article 235 of the Criminal code. After you have written your text, you must click on the button called “check grammar” to make sure there’s no error in the text. It will tell you how many words you have, how many paragraphs you have, how many mistakes you have and the error density. You can see the place where you have made your mistake and the feedback that they are giving you. There are the error type and the suggestion. I suggest you rewrite the word as they are telling you because it’s the good way to write it.
The Conclusion
So, thank you for listening to me. I hope this website will help you, and you will use it. Bye!
**************************************************************
Statistics
Word count: 552
Total MP3 length: 03:08
Target structure count: 12
Error count: 0
Error density: 0%
Commentaires
Publier un commentaire